Saturday, February 21, 2009

Morning Youtube goodness...

Later today I'll have a new blog or two, one dealing with the Orioles and another dealing with, I don't know what.

Anyway, until I get that finished, enjoy a few moments of Youtube goodness.

First up is this collection of Ric Flair promos from his heyday in Jim Crocket Promotions ( or as Dusty Rhodes might say 'Jim Cwockett pwomotions'). Flair was without a doubt my favorite wrassler so seeing all these clips makes me laugh my ass off. Also, if you can find it on there, check out the clip where Flair gives Ricky Morton of the Rock N Roll Express a training bra. Classic.

In honor of ESPN not retaining his services, how about two clips of now former announcer Emmitt Smiff (props to Jason Whitlock for thinking of that). I think my favorite one is when Emmitt made up and used the word "debacled." He did for broadcasting what George W. Bush did for presidents.

Somebody made this montage of Ravens highlight clips and set it to "Requiem for a Tower," a song whose title you may not know but you might recognize from movie trailers. The song is a combination of "Lux Aeterna" by Clint Mansell for the soundtrack to Darren Aronofsky's "Requiem For A Dream" and trailer music for "Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers." As a Ravens fan, if this doesn't get you fired up, I don't know what will.




Here's one my favorite games from Caps history. This is from 1990 (I think) vs. Philadelphia at the old Capital Centre. For those that think Washington and Philly is a new rivalry, check this out. This game I remember rather vividly because the first period had three fights (John Kordic had two, Alan May had the other. Not sure who they were with but I'm sure Craig Berube was one of them). Dale Hunter nearly killed Gord Murphy with his elbow, Rick Tocchet (who was injured) and assistant coach Ken Hitchcock were trying to throw down with some Caps fans in the stands. And later, Paul Holmgren and Terry Murray would get into an argument, leading to Holmgren bashing a stick over the glass. Then there was this crazy line brawl that must be seen to be believed.



Longtime Caps fans will remember this one. The legend of Alan 'Buster' May was born in this fight.



Finally, for those of you that are into symphonic Norweigian black metal as much as I am, I leave you with Dimmu Borgir's "Progenies of The Great Apocalypse"

No comments:

Post a Comment