Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday links...

Hello and good morning my humble readership. Today I am coming to you LIVE from my mother's house where I'm spending my weekend making sure these two little terrors...


...don't cause too much mischief. Of course, their real purpose in life is to keep me awake at all hours of the night. They say a dog can hear a tick yawn at 50 yards (not my words, Sports Illustrated's) and I really wish that were not the case. These two dogs will bark at anything. They'll hear a squirrel moving around outside and start yapping. They'll hear the neighbors dogs and start yapping. They'll see a bird at the bird feeder in the backyard and start barking. I know what you're thinking. How bad can two little Yorkshire Terriers be? Well, if you value your sleep, as the Sam the Drummer told Dewey Cox, "you don't want no part of this shit!"

Anyway, on with the links, if you can dig it, SUCKAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!


-I don't always agree with everything Mike Preston says, but in both of these cases, Big Mike is absolutely right on. First off, Preston lets Ray Lewis have it for his disastrous attempt to create a market for himself. Then he gives a blog post about maybe the happiest man in Baltimore when Albert Haynesworth signed a $100 million deal with the Redskins: Haloti Ngata.

-O's lost their second exhibition game to the Marlins, 3-2. Japanese import Koji Uehara had a very solid two innings of work, holding Florida to no runs and one hit while striking out three of eight batters. In other news, Mark Hendrickson still sucks. Believe me, I know, I got a regular look at Hendrickson during his stint with the Dodgers in 2006. The only difference between him and Danys Baez (who I also got a good look at with the Dodgers before he signed with the O's) is that Hendrickson, thankfully, is only on a one-year deal.

-THE Towson University hoops team closes out its season tonight in Fairfax against George Mason. The game in prime-time on MASN at 8 p.m.

-The Tank over at the WaPo has all your info regarding today's Caps-Bruins game. The big news from the Boston side, per Tarik, is that two members of the Bruins top line, Milan Lucic and Marc Savard are questionable. For those not familiar with Lucic, here's a sampling of his work...


...Poor Matt Bradley may not want to remember this one...


Non-Sporting links:

-Icon vs. Icon has a link to an absolute MUST READ interview with the one, the only W. Axl Rose. Pretty much kills Slash and the old Gunners from beginning to end. Classic musings from either a musical genius or a certifiable madman.

-Much thanks to my fellow blogger, movie critic and fellow Towson Tiger, Greg "Snake" Maki, for the shout-out.

-Roger Ebert blogs about snarking. Very well-written (as if anything written by Rog wouldn't be) and kinda puts the whole function of blogs like Perez Hilton and Kissing Suzy Kolber (although I like KSK) into a different perspective.

-One more from Rog. Nobody does a bad movie review quite like Roger Ebert and these are two of my favorites. The first is for 2005's "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo" and the other is for 1991's "Dice Rules"

-Finally, today's YouTube clip to swing your heavy metal hair to is from the old school, "Holy Wars...The Punishment Due" by Megadeth.

2 comments:

  1. Lewis needs to hit the bricks. Greg Maki is a true soldier for the Dark Lord. Die hard fans demand more MMA Action on this forum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, no MMA. Don't really follow it. But as a concession I will start a new regular post called "Hockey Brawl of the Week."

    ReplyDelete