Thursday, April 9, 2009

Yankees 11 Orioles 2



I should have taken a picture of the graphic that said "Orioles 2-0 1st Place In AL East." It would have lasted longer. I suppose a game like today was bound to happen. The Orioles bats would fail to knock in runners in scoring position, the Yankees would pummel the inexperienced O's hurlers and the Evil Empire would set things in order.

The turning point in this game, as far as I'm concerned, was Aubrey Huff striking out against Yanks starter A.J. Burnett with the bases loaded. The O's had failed to take advantage of some chances in the first two games of this series, but today was different. You just knew this Yankees lineup was going to get theirs at some point. Despite the big missed chance by Huff, the O's were still in this thing until the 6th inning when the Yanks got a couple of hits, chased Simon after making it 4-2 and then took advantage of an error by Brian Bass to blow the game wide open, leading 7-2 after that 6th inning. Robinson Cano added a garbage 2-run homer to rack up some bonus fantasy stats. The horribly named Nick Swisher clobbered O's pitching something fierce with a 2-run homer and a 2-run double. Chris Ray got shelled again. Glad I took him over George Sherrill in my fantasy draft.

The toughest part about this game was Big Cash getting his first home run. I suppose it was bound to happen, but I could have handled this loss a lot better without seeing the big dollar sign hitting one out. I was also a bit disappointed Big Cash wasn't booed as vociforously as he was in the 1st two games. We're not gonna let him off that easy are we? Just because Colin "Schrutebag" Cowherd said something about it?
"Wanted: For crimes against sports talk radio"

Keep booing him. Here's what you can do: pretend Big Cash is Jeffrey Maier. That ought to work. Or, I can put his smirking, two-faced grin up on the screen again...

Is that not the face of a guy you want to boo? I know I do.

So, it's one loss. The beauty of baseball is that you can lose 80 games and still have a winning record. But losing to Big Cash and the Yankees still carries some sting. Don't take my word for it though, take the word of the former Chancellor of the German Empire Otto von Bismarck...

Otto: "Scheisse"

No comments:

Post a Comment