Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Linkage is back...
Because we frequently pay homage to bad movies here at Hangar 39, here's Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear helping kill the Farrelly brothers career with "Stuck On You." What does this have to do with links? Absolutely nothing. So, with that being said, here's some links about the Good Guys with some non-sporting links thrown in. Accumulated by me, so you wouldn't have to look for it.
- Ray Lewis' deal: 7 years $44 million with a $12 million signing bonus. Interesting deal. A 7 year contract for a guy who will be 34 years old come regular season? I know the Sun is saying that it's basically a three-year deal but knowing Ray Lewis, there has to be something else here. My hunch is that there has to be some sort of handshake agreement to keep Ray Lew in a prominent role after he retires. He can't play until he's 41 right?
- Longtime readers of Hanger 39 (both of you) will know I've sung Derrick Mason's praises before as one of the nicer Ravens. Um, yeah, I may want to revise that in light of his new contract demands.
- Tank and Japer's have the recaps of last night's Caps-Predators tilt.
-Excellent get from Dan Steinberg over at DC Sports Bog: an interview with the founder of Easterns Motors about Alex Ovechkin's upcoming ads. If these results are any indication...
...Ovie needs to sing more often. It's a tough call which clip is better. The Easterns Motors clip is catchier, even more so with Ovie's Russian accent. But at the same time, it's hard to top his "Washington DC...ARE YOU READY TO ROCK!!" combined with Mike Green and Jose Theodore's emo eyeliner and Brooks Laich's Mark Tremonti guitar poses.
- In the days since my last links post I missed three Orioles spring training results (not that they matter): a 2-0 defeat to Minnesota, a 9-8 loss to the Mets and a 5-1 win over the Red Sox.
- The Sun on Aubrey Huff's metamorphosis from useless free agent bust to "guy who could fetch something nice in a trade this summer".
- Sad stuff out of Alabama and Germany.
- Bernie Madoff may get 150 years in the slammer. I imagine Bernie in jail will be just like Albert Brooks in "Out Of Sight." BTW, if you have never read Harry Markopolis' whistle-blower report that brought Madoff down please do. Here's an HTML link to it from the original PDF format. It's a truly fascinating read, even if you don't know what the hell a hedge fund is, like me. I just love the Madoff case because it's brought the term "Ponzi Scheme" back into the national consciousness.
- The Bushies are still pushing Dubya's "legacy." Please, people, you've done enough, really.
- From the Icon, they are making a movie based on N.W.A. and "Straight Outta Compton." Better than a remake I suppose. Just as long as "I Ain't The 1" is in it, I'm cool.
- Finally, today's YouTube clip to swing your heavy metal hair to is "Institutionalized" by Suicidal Tendencies. All the guy wanted was a Pepsi!