Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Meet Your Newest Raven (cont.)/Good Guys Links-Ravens



As we posted up here yesterday, per the Baltmo Sun, former Eagles TE L.J. Smith is set to join the purple and black, provided he passes a physical tomorrow. I posted my own opinions of Smith yesterday, but I figured I'd give you some legit facts about the new guy. Thankfully I had the Philadelphia Eagles 2008 media guide in my office at the day job. So here are some other facts about your soon-to-be newest Raven from the Eagles media guide:

- "An athletic, playmaking tight end with good pass catching ability..."

- "Partook in Russian Kettlebell training once a week during the 2008 offseason under the direction of Carlos Bradley, a former Chargers and Eagles linebacker. 'I could only do it one day per week. It's tough. I wouldn't recommend doing it twice or more in a week. You just can't do it. Sometimes I just wanted to quit during the workout. It's a total body workout.'"

- "Aspires to one day produce his own music and would like to learn more about the audio and technical parts of the business. 'The world would be a boring place without music. Music can inspire people in so many different ways.' Favorite artists include Biggie, 50 Cent/G Unit, Brian McKnight and T.I."

- "Started playing the guitar during the 2006 offseason. After mentioning to a friend that he wanted to learn to play, his friend gave him his first acoustic guitar."

"Let's duet L.J."

- "Is the proud owner of a miniature English bulldog named 'Jiggz.'"

"This almost makes up for the guitar L.J."

-"Enjoys watching 'The First 48' and 'Family Guy.'"

"It's game night. We're playin'...sex!"

- "Full name: John Smith III; L.J. stands for 'Little John.'"

"YEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!"

Other Ravens Links:

- Orlando Pace will also be in town to take a physical Thursday, although he has not been offered a contract.

- Chris Carr is signed, sealed and delivered. Alas, I did not have a media guide profile for him.

- Ravens blog Baltimore Beatdown on the Ravens draft prospects with the 26th pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment