Friday, March 13, 2009

Stealing gimmicks is my business...And business is good!

One thing I love about these links stories is that they are very lazy and every blogger on Earth does them. There's really nothing better than trying to create traffic for your site by just posting up ways to get to other people's work (and if you're The Big Lead you add the extra fun of putting a scantily clad woman on there). I feel sort of like the Repo Man when I do this.


Quick digression: The Repo Man used to freak me out as a kid. It was a simpler time you see. A time when wrestling strictly stuck to kayfabe and there were no internet dirt sheets around to show you the man behind the curtain. Throw in being young, impressionable and often without parental supervision and well, you end up writing a blog for about 10 people's amusement. Hold on, I'm gonna go Hines Ward on you here for a sec.


Ok, seeing Hines cry makes me feel better. Anyway, where was I? Oh, I was saying it was a much simpler time and the illusion seemed very real. In those days I really thought Papa Shango would put a voodoo curse on me. I really was worried I'd run into the Mountie and he'd hit me with his shock stick. The heel version of Doink The Clown scared the beejeezus out of me. But the Repo Man really freaked me out because I worried he'd come repossess our stuff. He had those vignettes where he would go around taking back people's cars and I was very concerned our car would show up in one of those skits. The point, I guess, is that I am a huge dork. Anyway, on with the gimmick infringement.

- More from last night's Caps game from Tank, Billionaire Ted, Japer's, the Peerless Prognosticator and the Philly-centric 700 Level.

- Alex Giroux is headed back to chocolate-land after filling in for an ailing Sergei Fedorov last night.

- The Sun's Dan Connolly on the O's closer situation between George Sherrill and Chris Ray. I would lean slightly towards "Flat and Breezy" (Sherrill) because his entrance music (White Zombie's "Blood, Milk and Sky"is much cooler. Is that a stupid criteria for picking a closer?

- Looks like that Albert Haynesworth signing is already paying dividends for the Redskins. Always nice to give $100 million to a guy that almost killed somebody with his car.

- The Sun's Bill Ordine and Ken Murray debate how the Ravens will start next season.

- Ravens released LB Nick Greisen, paving the way for a younger, better alternative to come aboard on draft day. Also, Jersey Joe just turned into a million bucks.

Non-Sporting Links:

- Our man Greg "Snake" Maki has an interview with the band Rev Theory, who's song "Hell Yeah" was used for the Caps on-ice intro. Alas, Snake did not ask them about Alex Ovechkin's singing. Really a lost opportunity there, Snake.

- Chuck Norris and Joaquin Phoenix are either certifiably insane or creative geniuses. I have no idea which. I think Phoenix is probably the latter, while Norris, I'm fairly certain, is a complete right-wing nutjob. (Thanks MoGo for the Norris link)

- Today's YouTube clip to swing your heavy metal hair to is "Before I Forget" by Slipknot.

No comments:

Post a Comment