Sunday, March 1, 2009

Panthers 6 Caps 2


Was that game ever depressing? Hold on, I need to cheer myself up real quick...

OK, I feel better. Anyway, I wanted to keep this recap short and the Caps today made that very easy with a miserable effort against the Florida Panthers. I said in my recap of the Bruins game that the Caps needed to beware of this game. The Panthers were coming off a miserable game against New Jersey and were going to be pissed off. The Caps were coming off an emotional game on the road. It was a receipe for a lackluster game and the Caps delivered in spades, allowing three power play goals in the first period and falling behind 4-1 after 20 minutes. The game was pretty much academic and the Panthers showed little mercy, continuing to attack, even up 6-1.

So, no complex analysis or deep thoughts needed here. Take this game and do this...


...just put it behind you and focus on the next opponent, the Carolina Hurricanes. We'll see what moves GM George McPhee pulls at the March 4 trade deadline. Hopefully Chris Pronger, Derek Morris or somebody of that ilk will be wearing red. Until then, say good night to da bad guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment